Contact us: 07710 092412
Making Life meaningful piece by piece
Experiences and development
independence and futures
Community and participation
Success and confidence
Teamwork and creativity
There are many benefits that you may find you are entitled to when you are over 18 years and have a learning disability. Make sure you're not missing out on benefits that you may be eligle for, below are some we recommend you take a look at
- Disability Living Allowance – DLA - https://www.gov.uk/dla-disability-living-allowance-benefit/what-youll-get - is a tax-free benefit for disabled people who need help with mobility or care costs.
- Personal Independence Payment – PIP - https://www.gov.uk/pip/overview helps with some of the extra costs caused by long term ill health or a disability if you're aged 16 t 64.
- Personal Budget - http://www.foreversavvy.co.uk/personal-budget
- Employment and Support Allowance – ESA - https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/overview offers you financial support if you're unable to work.
- Housing Benefit - https://www.gov.uk/housing-benefit/overview to help you pay part or all of your rent.
- Access to Work - https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work/how-to-claim pay for practical support if you have a disability.
- Carer’s Allowance - https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/overview if you care for someone for at least 35 hours a week
- Carer's Personal Budget - http://www.peoplefirstinfo.org.uk/looking-after-someone/support-to-look-after-someone/carer-personal-budgets.aspx . also known as a Carer Direct Payment, is a sum of money paid by a council's Adult Social Care department to help to a carer to pay for things which will help them in their caring role.
- NHS Low Income Scheme - http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/nhs-low-income-scheme.aspx help with NHS costs such as; presciptions, dental, eye care, healthcare travel, wigs and fabric supports.
- Disabled facilities grant - https://www.gov.uk/disabled-facilities-grants/overview a grant to help make changes to your home such as ramps and wider door ways.
- Budgeting Loans - https://www.gov.uk/budgeting-help-benefits/how-it-works a loan to help pay for essential things like furniture, clothes, moving costs or hire purchase debts.
Check out the Benefits Calculator - https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators for advice on what you may be eligble to.