Please apply by emailing your C.V. to email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Job Coach / Mentor
RESPONSIBLE TO: Team Leader
LOCATION: Flexible between locations-based Broughton Astley and Bagworth. Also working as directed by management accompanying trainees to industry-based work experience placement sites.
JOB PARAMETERS: 25 hours a week, over 5 days per with occasional evening and / or weekend work.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: 13th August 2021
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
You will require your own transport and be flexible to work mainly in Broughton Astley but also between our other 3 projects. You will be working with adults with moderate to severe learning difficulties, providing experiential learning and development through the delivery of work-based activities outdoors in farm setting at venues located in Broughton Astley and Bagworth . You may also be required to provide support for trainees on external work placements, whilst complying with all the relevant legislation at all times.
- To ensure that all facilities are opened up and closed down correctly at the start and end of each day, paying particular attention to the security of livestock and equipment in accordance with the activity plan for the day.
- To effectively co-ordinate each day’s schedule of activities as per the Forever Savvy timetable, allocating duties to trainees as appropriate, in order to ensure that trainees are actively engaged and that all the necessary duties are completed each day.
- To ensure that all the organisation’s livestock are well looked after at all times, reporting any health and/or wellbeing concerns to management in a timely manner, whilst ensuring the safety of trainees as they carry out their animal care duties.
- Using experiential learning activities and facilitation skills, help trainees to develop their own problem solving skills and coping strategies, enabling them to improve their own self-confidence within the work environment, gradually reducing their dependence on others.
- Adhere to all relevant IT and social media policies, procedures and data protection legislation in order to protect trainees and enhance the reputation of the organisation, promptly alerting management to any potential breaches or risks that could be harmful to trainees or jeopardise brand integrity
- To work with and support trainees within their workplace, to transfer the skills learnt at Forever Savvy into all area’s of their life.
Act as an ambassador for Forever Savvy at all times, actively promoting its values, aims and services within the local area, especially with regards to equal opportunities and safeguarding vulnerable adults.
Adhere to all company policies, as relevant to the role, and attend meetings and training as directed by your line manager in order to keep your knowledge and skills current to your role.
An appropriate duty of care will be actively demonstrated by the jobholder with regards to the security of cash, keys and company assets (property and equipment).
We welcome applications from perons with a disability