Vocational Training for Adults with Learning Disabilities
Forever Savvy offers vocational training and support for adults with learning disabilities. Our aim is to make life more meaningful for people with a learning disability. We provide outdoor education centres and a café setting with the sole aim of helping people to take their first steps towards employment. Our community projects enable people to work with animals, on the land, or within our very own Tea & Coffee Shop. Based within a safe environment, we give people the opportunity to learn new life and work skills, and to achieve a healthy emotional and physical balance in their lives.
Community Life Choices
Community Life Choices with Meaning and Purpose
At Forever Savvy we believe strongly in purposeful activity. It is the reason the company was set up and it is still our core principle.
Everyone needs to feel as if they are doing something useful and contributing to the community however small that involvement may be.
Engaging in purposeful activity can provide numerous benefits for individuals. Here are some of the key benefits:
1. Improved mental health: Purposeful activity can help to combat feelings of anxiety, depression, and other negative emotions. It can provide a sense of meaning and fulfilment, which can boost mood and overall well-being.
2. Increased motivation: When individuals have a sense of purpose and direction, they are more likely to be motivated to achieve their goals. Purposeful activity can help individuals focus on what is important to them and prioritize their efforts accordingly.
3. Better physical health: Engaging in purposeful activity can also have positive effects on physical health. For example, engaging in regular exercise as a purposeful activity can help to reduce the risk of chronic illnesses such as heart disease and diabetes.
4. Enhanced sense of belonging: Purposeful activity can also help individuals feel more connected to others and to their communities. Whether it is volunteering, participating in group activities or pursuing a common goal with others, purposeful activity can create a sense of belonging and social connection.
5. Increased self-esteem: Accomplishing goals and contributing to something meaningful can boost self-esteem and confidence. Purposeful activity can provide a sense of accomplishment and pride in one's abilities and contributions.
Overall, purposeful activity can have numerous positive effects on mental, physical, and social well-being. It can provide a sense of meaning, motivation, and fulfilment, and can contribute to a happier and healthier life.
If you have an adult that you think would benefit from doing something enjoyable and purposeful and at the same time learning skills for a possible place in the workplace, please complete the contact form below or call us on 07710 092412 to see how you could change their future for the better.
For adults with learning disabilities
You can find us in various parts of Leicestershire, training in transferrable skills for work and independent living.